Friday, March 04, 2005

Congressman Jim Gibbons (R-Nev), Un-American!

Dear Congressman Gibbons,


You are reported to have said:

"I say we tell those liberal, tree-hugging, Birkenstock-wearing, hippie, tie-dyed liberals to go make their movies and their music and whine somewhere else".


This statement is deeply un-American. In this country, we have the right to wear our Birkenstocks and tie-dye and make whatever kind of music and movies we like. I'm surprised I have to tell you that - you being a congressman and all.


Where exactly do you want me to go? And just how do you propose to accomplish that? I'm an American; I'm not going anywhere and I propose you just get used to it.


Perhaps YOU can go somewhere else where you can dictate exactly who can and who can't have freedom in your country. Take your un-American thoughts somewhere else. Somewhere like North Korea.


And I don't even care that you stole this speech from someone else. We Americans are used to conservatives not being able to think for themselves.


A sincere, liberal American,

Stephen Z. Stein


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?