Sunday, August 14, 2005

Wine

Time out from politics. It's hot, it's the weekend, and I'm drinking wine.

The best thing about being a wine snob is knowing how to find quality at fairly low price points. If your price point is around $10, it's pretty easy to find good wines, as long as you don't expect too much complexity.

The wine that inspired this post is a white Burgundy - a 2003 Macon-Lugny Les Genievres ($10). Funny thing about this wine - when I drank it right after I opened the bottle, I hated it! Nice bouquet, very fruity, but very bitter aftertaste. So I put the cork back in and tried it the next day and the aftertaste had disappeared, and it was a very nice wine. The fruity fragrance was still there, and the taste was pear, a bit sweet and syrupy and very refreshing. A good match for grilled chicken.

More wines later in the week.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?